Laura Blaner, RN – Med Surg/Telemetry
A patient is grateful for another chance at life and attributes that to the compassionate care she received from Laura Blaner. She states, I have never let anyone change my mind when it’s made up.” The patient was considering walking out of the hospital and refusing care for her alignments, but stated, “You helped me stay. This job was meant for you. You save lives daily, and today, you saved mine. You saved a mother of two, and one day they will thank you for bringing their mother back.” One of the patient’s favorite quotes is ‘Your fingerprints never fade from the hearts you touch.’ “I can’t thank you enough!”
East Liverpool City Hospital has been named the recipient of the 2023 Patient Safety Excellence Award.
This distinction places ELCH among the top 5% of all short-term acute care hospitals in the nation, for the sixth straight year. Thank You to all the wonderful, dedicated staff who demonstrate amazing commitment every day to ensure our patients receive the highest standard of care. Congratulations on this prestigious recognition!
Our commitment to providing exceptional health care is evident by East Liverpool Health System’s recent national and regional health care awards and accreditations:
- 2023 Healthgrades — #3 in state for Pulmonary Care
- 2023 Healthgrades — #1 in state for Critical Care
- 2022 Merative Top 100 Award — Top 100 hospitals in the nation.
- 2022 Leapfrog Grade “A” Award—Top Patient Safety and only “A” rated hospital in the region.
- 2019 IBM Watson Top 100 Award —Top 100 hospitals in the nation.
- 2018 Leapfrog Grade “A” Award—Top Patient Safety and only “A” rated hospital in the region.
- 2018 Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award—Top 5% of acute care hospitals reporting patient safety in the nation.
- 2018 Healthgrades Five Star Rating Awards—Treatment of Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Sepsis, and Respiratory Failure.
- Accredited in American College of Cardiology – Chest Pain Center
- Accredited in American College of Radiology – ACR
- Accredited in College of American Pathologists – CAP
These recent awards, continued focus on exceptional patient experience, and providing the highest quality of health care, represents East Liverpool Hospital’s commitment to the community and the patients it serves.