Pharmacists are active members of the patient care team, responsible for overseeing the optimal, safe and cost effective medication therapy management using evidenced-based medicine to improve overall patient care in all patients.
For further information contact us at 330-386-3511.
- Pharmacists participate and maintain a significant role in multidisciplinary patient care teams
- Pharmacists are involved in all processes of care – including product selection, dosing, route selection, regimen review, ensuring safe medication administration, monitoring for desired therapeutic outcomes, identifying and avoiding medication errors and adverse drug events, etc.
- Pharmacists review all non-emergent medications orders prior to the first dose being administered to a patient
- Pharmacists include appropriate indications for each patient medication order during the order entry/transcription process to eliminate nursing and physician confusion regarding the use of the medication
- Pharmacists clarify all vague medication orders with the prescriber in an effort to facilitate safe and effective administration of patient medications
- A pharmacist can be consulted for in-patient education on Diabetes, including the safe use of oral and injectable medications, monitoring of blood glucose, and how to inject insulin
Outpatient Pharmacy Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday from 10 AM – 2 PM
- Sunday – Closed
Outpatient Pharmacy Phone Number: 330-386-3511